Saturday, January 4, 2014

Let's get to waffeling!!!

For Christmas I received a super duper cool Belgian waffle iron. Not just any waffle iron, but one of those fancy smancy ones that flips over while it cooks. Eh that's no so fancy you say, well it makes two of those deep Belgian style waffles at the same time!!! See told ya it was fancy!!! Anyway I immediately created a new board on Pinterest and started pinning waffle recipes. First I made Belgian waffles for breakfast, from a mix. They came out great. Just like at the hotels Ash said! But today I wanted to try something different that Pillsbury pinned. Don't judge me for looking at Pillsbury pins! Look them up they have some great pins! Anyway they pinned cinnamon roll waffles and of course I wanted to try it. It had mixed reviews but I decided to give it a go, and me and the kids are glad I did!



Super simple just need regular size cinnamon rolls, melted butter, and a waffle iron. You can use nonstick spray but I don't like the residue it leaves on the sides so I only use butter or oil in my waffle iron. 



Super simple just need 3 things!
                           

Warm up your waffle iron and grease up the plates! Then you are ready to get to cookin! Smash the cinnamon roll down a bit so it's a little thinner and place a roll in each well cinnamon side down.



Drop those babies in there and let em cook!
                                                 

Then close the lid and flip that baby over! Repeat the same thing for the other side.  Yes my waffle iron has two sides, that's how I roll! Cook the cinnamon roll waffles for about 3 minutes. I cooked mine on the lowest setting possible. Check them after 2 minutes, you want them still a bit soft. They should be a pretty golden color kinda like me! Or like the picture. Before you do a second batch make sure you re-grease the plates. You don't want the cinnamon to stick to the waffle plates. That would be a mess to clean up and y'all know I don't like cleaning!

 
Nice golden Nichole color!


Doesn't that look amazing?!?! I wish you could taste them. So warm and delicious all cinnamony! Ok moving on, take them out and plate them up and in the meantime warm up that little cup of frosting in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Don't forget to take the metal lid off! Y'all laugh but I know some of you personally which is why I'm reminding you! :) 

Pour the frosting over your cinnamon roll waffles and you have a little bit of cinnamon heaven! The frosting fills up those little waffle pockets and it's just amazing! 

Yummy frosting cinnamony goodness!

See I told ya look at all the cinnamon deliciousness! It just disperses all throughout the waffle and they are fantabulistick! Don't take my word for it try it yourself!! These were a hit in my house. They were super simple to make and were way faster than waiting for them to bake in the oven. I am not sure how they would be with homemade dough since that would be much softer but maybe I will try it over the summer. Yes I said summer I'm not going to lie to my wonderful readers I have no intention of trying that anytime soon! I will however make these again anytime the kids ask, and I suggest you do the same, unless you have started some crazy weight loss plan since it is January, and in that case then you can make them in February!


 
Go make these right now!
                                              



1 comment:

  1. Matthew got one of these last year for Christmas... and we used it quite often on the weekends... but we only ever made belgian waffles. I'm so excited you have a board for it, so I can give him new recipes to make stuff. YAY!!! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete